Create a new blogpost called 'Ignite presentation learner response'

1) Type up your feedback in full including the ratings out of five for each category. 

Mr Bush

Significance:
Structure:
Simplicity:
Rehearsal:

Total = 13/20

WWW:



EBI:



Pupils

Significance: 4
Structure: 4
Simplicity: 3 or 4
Rehearsal: 4 or 3

2 people ranked 14/20
7 people ranked 15/20
3 people ranked 16/20

Total = average score of 15/20

WWW:
  • Narrative well explained with theorists
  • mentioned all aspects of CLAMPS
  • Interactive with audience 
  • Researched well - detailed 
  • explained different stages 
  • significant locations to plot and narrative 
EBI: 
  • lots of text on some slides 
  • Rehearse more - keep up with slides 
  • Talk more about camera shots and editing 
  • Add how you would edit; fast paced or slow paced  
  • talk more about stereotypes 

2) Use this feedback, comments from peers and your own reflection on your presentation to self-assess and write a detailed WWW and EBI for your own coursework concept and presentation as a whole.

WWW: Had well explained narrative story line that had theorists to back up my reasoning behind it. I mentioned aspects of CLAMPS that were related to my project. I also explained the different stages to the plot very effectively in order to gain my viewers attention. 


EBI: Some slides had a large number of text that could have been cut down and shortened. I need to talk about more camera shots and editing that could be used to captivate my audience by either heightening or lowering the tension. My project also needs to find a balance between the use of stereotypes in order to not make one over power the other. 

3) Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your actual coursework production. Do you need to update your statement of intent? Does your narrative offer enough clarity? Is it appropriate for the audience specified in the brief? Does it fit the genre you are aiming for? Can you add media terminology or theory to your statement of intent now you have reflected on your presentation and seen others?

For my film production trailer, I plan on using a low-budget means of filming and distribution to promote my coming of age drama. As my media production revolves around the lives of young black men, I aimed to find inspiration from films that either subvert or reinforce typical stereotypes. The films that I found helped me to create a foundation for my trailer are: Baby Boy, Boyz In The Hood, Moon Light, Coach Carter and a British film production called kidulthood which was the first of its trilogy. With the coming of age dramas I was inspired by I noticed they use cuts, speech from characters (diegetic) and fast/slow paced non-diegetic soundtracks to heighten or lower then intensity for the audience. I aim to ensure that the driving force behind my trailer is centred on the actors’ voices - due to the production being aimed at young black youth coming from a troubled background. i believe this would be an effective way to gain person relationships with the characters. 

In order to engage my youth target market, I will be using elements of personal identity and diversion from Blumur & Katz: uses and gratification theory. I think it would appeal to more of an ABC1 audience between 12-25 as I aim to explore topics that occur everyday life but seem to go unnoticed. Usually the best coming of age dramas use S. Neals 'Repetition & Difference' to show the same conventions but just in a different way. They usually do this by converging comedy with drama but I aim to use Commons approach in 'Letter to the Free' by sticking to the seriousness of the topic at hand.

I want to recreate a drama that both reinforces and subverts traditional black stereotypes. within the media black youth are labelled as criminals, lairs and a nuisance to society but never seems to promote those who aim to break away from the cliché stigma given to young black youth. i plan to use 3 locations within my production. One being a place where the youth can interact in a safe environment e.g. Football pitch. Two being an area where the youth are being a nuisance to society which could be shown through the use of colloquial language. Lastly, the third one being the middle ground for good and bad (binary opposition - Levi Straus) not by choice, but by circumstance e.g. Council estate.

In terms of distribution and funding, i believe the best chance if gaining a budget would be through the BFI's film programme to encourage young film makers in London. in terms of distribution, it could be broadcasted by companies such as Studio Canal and Film4 as it would have more modern art-house feel that emphasis on narrative and cinematography.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean blog tasks

Moonlight Film Trip

Music video: theory